Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer so Far

There was no blog after Game 1.  Do you know why?  Because I didn't feel like it.  Take that!  Now I have to cram two games worth of horseshit into one blog post.  The first game was against the SoCal Furies.  They looked like a rough bunch with a bunch of shaved head giants that were sending the ball to the moon.  They was actually a nice and friendly group of people.  Of course other always seem nice and friendly when we beat them.  Dora went 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs Doug hit a 2 run Home Run so that was fun.  Another nice detail from week 1 is zero strikeouts.

Week 2 was THE TEAM batting .500 with mostly singles.  Lou hit two home runs and a triple driving in 4 on the day.  The ladies batted .286 with 1 RBI.  It turns out Mike is not just enthusiastic but he is also athletic.  He got the call up and did a great job in left field.  THE TEAM got credit for 8 runs but we only scored 7.  That umpire clearly does not give a shit.  At least he stands up for the games these days.  Does anybody remember when he would plant himself on the bucket of balls and call the game sitting on his ass?  I sure do.

So yeah

GO THE TEAM!!!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Yayyyy for the blog. I love this blog and so do my friends. I didn't realize how much the blue really didn't give a shit until I got home and noticed I was wearing 5 earrings and a necklace. I think I will check his cooler the next time we have him.
Thanks for the blog Rick! :)

Lou said...

The blog is back and there's gonna be trou-ble, hey la, hey la, the blog is back...