Saturday, June 28, 2008

Getting to Know THE TEAM - 4 Jenny

Ladies and Gentlemen Jenny

Q: How did you end up on THE TEAM?

A: Well, I am the founder...actually, more like a co-founder of the team. One day Chris, Tyler and I were talking about softball. I was already playing on Monday nights and there was no room on that team for any more male players, even though I knew some people who had interest. I had previously played on a softball team (stupidly called the Court Jesters) back in the day with Chris, so the three of us schemed about starting up a team.

Q: What positions have you played so far this season? Do you have a favorite?

A: I think I've mostly only played 1st base. That's the position I play on my Monday team and I do like it a lot. However, there is a lot of interest in playing first in general, so I have considered putting myself in the outfield to give other people a chance, since I used to play in the outfield when I was in little league.

Q: Is there a special reason you chose 4 for your jersey number?

A: In general, I like the number 4. I was also born on the 4th day of September. So maybe that's why I like the number 4.

Q: Did you play sports in school? What teams were you on and what school did you play for?

A: No, for whatever reason, I never played on any sports teams in high school (a fact which I regret, honestly). I did play little league from K-8th, I think, and I also played volleyball in middle school (for a parks & rec team). I also have been playing tennis since the 7th grade. In seminary, I played a little flag football, too, which was fun.

Q: Besides your outstanding softball ability, what other talents do you have?

A: I watercolor paint, which I enjoy. (You can see some of my watercolors here). I also enjoy reading. I also play tennis once or twice weekly.

Q: Can I have $50?

A: Absolutely! Right after you give me $100. $50 for each of us. I think that's fair.

No comments: