Monday, July 7, 2008

Getting to Know THE TEAM - 21 Carrie

Ladies and Gentlemen Carrie

Q: How did you end up on THE TEAM?

A: I'm a future Smith, so not asking me would be a total familial faux pax.

Q: What positions have you played so far this season? Do you have a favorite?

A: I mostly play second base, but then after that one practice when I showed that I could catch balls in the outfield I played out there a bit. I also play 1st base sometimes when Jenny's missing. I like second because it's not as high-profile as the likes of 3rd and short stop but there is still some action.

Q: Is there a special reason you chose 21 for your jersey number?

A: Like everyone else, the 21st is my birthdate. But, as coincidences run in families, my sister AND my grandma were also born on 21sts. The 21st of July is on a Monday, if it was a Sunday we could have all celebrated together by winning the game!

Q: Did you play sports in school? What teams were you on and what school did you play for?

A: So, when I was little my mom tried to get me into everything possible, so I played floor hockey (as the only girl!) and ice skated a little and played softball. I played softball for 7 years but stopped before high school. In high school, I didn't have time for sports. Instead, I was in Marching Band which, in the Midwest, is right up there with Football. Marching band took a lot of stamina, air, and general thinking. I got that "adrenaline rush" that is usually associated with sports competitions, so I consider it a sport.

Q: Besides your outstanding softball ability, what other talents do you have?

A: I am a musician. I play piano, trumpet and trombone. During the "school year" I play with the LA Valley College community band who is ALWAYS taking new members and really isn't amazingly good but sounds good to non-musicians. It's fun to play in a band again. I also am a keen Lego builder, my Lego collection has been building since 1984 and counting.

Q: Can I have $50?

A: Hmm, ask number 64.

No comments: