Friday, July 11, 2008

Getting to Know THE TEAM - 47 Tyler

Ladies and Gentlemen Tyler

Q: How did you end up on THE TEAM?

A: I went to College with Chris and Jenny. We were at a Dodger game last year and we started talking about forming a softball game. I wanted to call it The Jenny Smith Frosh-Soph All-Stars of Burbank (JSFSASoB for short), but that got overturned at the 11th hour. I thought it would be funny to make the sports office have to use a really long and unwieldy name. I realized a little too late that I had a prior commitment on Sundays during the Winter, so that's why wasn't able to play much because 90% of our games started at 6pm.

Q: What positions have you played so far this season? Do you have a favorite?

A: Outfield and Third. I feel most comfortable in the Outfield because I played that a lot in little league.

Q: Is there a special reason you chose 47 for your jersey number?

A: Um, actually, I have no idea. I looked at the numbers I sent Rick and I don't fully understand my logic in picking my second and third choices. I wanted #13 and didn't get it, so I should have gone with #17 because I was always either #13 or #17 when I played soccer. I guess I wasn't really thinking. But #47 is cool, I guess.

Q: Did you play sports in school? What teams were you on and what school did you play for?

A: I played little league for a while and I played soccer up through Hike School. I ran Cross-Country (we CRUSHED Crepsi every year in preseason) and Track in High School.

Q: Besides your outstanding softball ability, what other talents do you have?

A: My thumbs are double-jointed and, according to Yahoo!, I am a Fantasy Sports All-Star.

Q: Can I have $50?

A: Um, I think you still owe me fifty from that time we did that thing, so, let's just call it even.

No comments: