Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting to know THE TEAM - 64 Joey

Ladies and Gentlemen Joey

Q: How did you end up on THE TEAM?

A: I am the manager's brother, so that was a big part of it. When she was gathering people to play she asked me and I said I'd play, and that was that.

Q: What positions have you played so far this season? Do you have a favorite?

A: I have played 1st, 3rd, shortstop, and I believe Left field and left/center (thought we may have only had 9 players in that game, so it might have been regular center). I don't have a favorite. I'm trying to get better at all of these positions (especially the outfield) so that we can put other players where they want to be played.

Q: Is there a special reason you chose 64 for your jersey number?

A: There's no special reason why I chose 64. If you pressed me, I'd say that I chose 64, it's because it was a base 2 number that I had been dealing with when I needed to choose a number.

Q: Did you play sports in school? What teams were you on and what school did you play for?

A: In elementry school, I played tee-ball, pitch-tee, and regular pitch baseball (I stopped in 6th grade, when I felt significantly outclassed). In middle school, I played tennis where I was praised for my excellent backhand, which I guess was a textbook style backhand. In high school, I ran track and field for one semester (best finish: 4th place in the 800m. I only ran it once; my usual events were the 100m and 200m, which I never did better than 6th). I did some training for cross country, but decided not to do it since I had skipped most of the practices and thought my schedule that year would be more difficult.

Q: Besides your outstanding softball ability, what other talents do you have?

A: I'm not sure if I'd call my other skills talent. I'm good at problem solving and video games, neither of which help me on the field. Otherwise, I guess you could say I'm a fast learner, which I think helps me with new sports. But I could be way off on that one.

Q: Can I have $50?

A: Only if you're buying The Team ice cream cakes.

No comments: