Thursday, July 17, 2008

Getting to Know THE TEAM - 99 Chris

Ladies and Gentlemen The Crippler

Q: How did you end up on THE TEAM?

A: Jenny, Tyler and I talked about getting a softball team together back in 1988. Obviously, Jenny remembered about it at some point last year, and put it into action. I've known Jenny and Tyler since 1996, when we all started at Woodbury University together.

Q: What positions have you played so far this season? Do you have a favorite?

A: I have played starting pitcher, middle pitcher, relief pitcher and closing pitcher. I also posed for a picture, which some people pronounce like pitcher. There was 1 inning last season where I got to play 3rd. I don't mind playing pitcher, I just wish I was more consistent and was able to pitch a no-hitter.

Q: Is there a special reason you chose 99 for your jersey number?

A: Kareena and I were both born on the 9th of our respective months. I knew Kareena would pick 9 for her jersey, so I went with 99. The first 9 is mine, the second 9 is hers. Isn't that cute.

Q: Did you play sports in school? What teams were you on and what school did you play for?

A: I did one year of wrestling in 7th grade at Chaminade Middle School in Chatsworth, where I got my ass kicked repeatedly. I played sports all the time with my brother Andrew and neighbor friend Craig while growing up. I was on a softball team with my brother's company years ago, and played on a team with Jenny a few years ago.

Q: Besides your outstanding softball ability, what other talents do you have?

A: I did stand-up comedy for a bit, which is how I met Lou. I still think of myself as a creative and funny person, but I'm focusing more on writing at the moment. I have way too much knowledge about '90s alternative rock music and pro wrestling. I also make kickass pancakes.

Q: Can I have $50?

A: As long as you are not spending it on cigarettes.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Your dates are highly suspicious.

Carrie said...

I remember that conversation from 1988.